Becoming A Poly Rep
Applying for POLY REPS
POLY REPS will begin accepting applications in October 2023! Check back then for more information. The process includes submission of a written application. A limited number of applicants will be invited to in-person interviews with the New Member Recruitment and Selection committee.
Step 1: Read the PDF application instructions and access questions below: (2023-24 application coming soon!)
Step 2: Fill out the online Poly Rep application form (2023-24 application coming soon!). Applicants must fill out the application form using their Cal Poly email address to gain access.
Step 3: Upload your essay responses as a PDF document without any identifiable information using the form above (question #20)
We strongly encourage you to attend a Poly Reps application info session to learn more about our organization, and to ask any questions you may have with a current Poly Rep!
(2023-24 info session dates and times coming soon!)
If you didn't get the chance to attend an Info Session you can watch it virtually Here.
POLY REPS Selection criteria
- Dedication to group and time commitment (approx. 10-20 hrs. each month, including 2+ tours per month, bi-weekly meetings, & committee participation)
- Sincere desire to represent Cal Poly
- Ability to work well with others
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade-point average, full-time student, at least one year of coursework remaining
Although hard work and commitment are required, much of the individual participation in activities can be worked around the Poly Rep’s class and study schedule.
The Recruitment 2023-24 calendar is coming soon!
Recruitment Calendar 2022-2023
Application live: October 18th
Applications Due: Monday, November 7th 2022 by 11:59 PM online at polyreps.calpoly.edu
First Round Interviews: Jan. 14-15, 2023
Second Round Interviews: Jan. 28-29, 2023