Becoming A Poly Rep
Applying for POLY REPS
POLY REPS begins recruiting new members at the each Fall quarter. The application process includes submission of a written application and required viewing of an informational video. Applicants will receive a link to an information video, which is required to be viewed by Sunday, Jan. 17, 2021. A limited number of applicants will be invited to in-person interviews with the New Member Recruitment and Selection committee.
For 2021, each applicant is required to watch an informational video. The video link will be sent once preliminary review of applicants is complete.
Download application: Here
Submit your application HERE!
Applications due Jan. 13, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
POLY REPS Selection criteria
- Dedication to group and time commitment (approx. 15-25 hrs. each month)
- Sincere desire to represent Cal Poly
- Ability to work well with others
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade-point average, full-time student, a minimum of one quarter completed at Cal Poly with at least one year of coursework remaining
Although hard work and commitment are required, much of the individual participation in activities can be worked around the Poly Rep’s class and study schedule.
Recruitment Calendar 2020 - 21:
Application posted: November 18, 2020
Applications Due: Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021 by 11:59 PM online at polyreps.calpoly.edu
Completion of Application video: Sunday, Jan. 17, 2021
First Round Interviews: Jan. 30 – 31, 2021
Second Round Interviews: Feb. 12 - 13, 2021