Becoming A Poly Rep
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021-2022 ARE NOW CLOSED- CHECK BACK NEXT FALL TO APPLY FOR THE NEXT YEAR
IF YOU APPLIED THIS YEAR, YOU WILL BE INFORMED OF THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION SOON
Applying for POLY REPS
POLY REPS begins recruiting new members during Fall quarter. The application process includes submission of a written application. A limited number of applicants will be invited to in-person interviews with the New Member Recruitment and Selection committee.
Recruitment Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ar2xxlHZM
Attending one info session is mandatory to apply!
Please watch this recording of an info session before you apply:
POLY REPS Selection criteria
- Dedication to group and time commitment (approx. 10-20 hrs. each month)
- Sincere desire to represent Cal Poly
- Ability to work well with others
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade-point average, full-time student, at least one year of coursework remaining
Although hard work and commitment are required, much of the individual participation in activities can be worked around the Poly Rep’s class and study schedule.
Recruitment Calendar 2021-22:
Application posted: October 6, 2021
Applications Due: Monday, November 8, 2021 by 11:59 PM online at polyreps.calpoly.edu
First Round Interviews: Jan. 7–9, 2022
Second Round Interviews: Jan. 21-23, 2022